How the mobile card reader is paired to your smartphone or tablet will depend on the type of device you are using.
1. Make sure your card reader is turned on and is displaying the payleven logo, the battery status, date and time and switch on Bluetooth on your iPhone/iPad by pressing “Settings > Bluetooth > On”.
Note: If the Chip & PIN card reader does not start automatically, turn on your card reader by pressing the small On/Off button on the left side of the card reader (it then takes about 2 minutes for it to fully reboot itself).
2. Press and hold the 0 button on the Chip & PIN card reader for 5 seconds. The words “Accept new device” or “You can connect...” will appear on the display of the card reader. Do not press any other buttons on the card reader at this stage.
3. In the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone/iPad (Settings > Bluetooth) the Chip & PIN card reader will appear as “payleven” followed by the serial number of the card reader. The serial number can also be found on the back of your card reader following S/N. For older iOS versions the name of your Chip & PIN card reader will appear as “Not Paired”.
4. By tipping on the name of your card reader displayed in the Bluetooth settings, a dialog will appear asking to confirm the code displayed on the Chip & PIN card reader. When the code is matching, click on “Pair” in the in the pop-up box on your iPhone/iPad. Then confirm the connection on the Chip & PIN card reader by pressing the green confirmation button.
5. When successfully paired your iOS device will say “paired” and the Chip & PIN card reader will display the Bluetooth sign. If you receive a message saying “Pairing unsuccessful” repeat the process from step 2.
In the payleven app
1. Download the payleven app from the App Store onto your iPhone or iPad.
Important: In order to use the payleven service please always ensure that the location services for the payleven app on your iPhone/iPad are enabled. (Go to “Settings > Privacy > Location Services On” and set the payleven app in this setting to “Always”. Please note that constant internet connection is required throughout the use of payleven (WiFi, 3G or 4G).
2. Open the payleven app on your iPhone/iPad and sign in with your e-mail and password you created while registering with us. After signing in, the app will automatically open the “New payment” screen.
3. To open the app’s menu click on the upper left icon on your screen. In the menu press “Settings > Card reader”. Ensure that the name of your card reader with the serial number is shown here with a check mark behind the name or written in blue. When this is not the case, please tip on the name and the note “Device connected successfully. You can now accept card payments” will appear. If the device boarding fails, please connect the Bluetooth connection again from section “Set up the Bluetooth Connection on iOS”.
Note: If the card reader is greyed out please log out of the app and then re-login and retry from section “Set up the Bluetooth Connection on iOS”.
4. To go back to the “New payment” screen:
For iPhone: press “Account” in the top left corner and press “Done” in the top left corner
For iPad: open the app’s menu by pressing the upper left icon on your screen and click on “New payment”.
You are now ready to accept card payments.
1. Download the payleven app from the Google Play Store onto your phone/tablet. In order to use the payleven service please always ensure that GPS (location service) is always activated and working (if you receive an error message, try to deactivate and activate the GPS function again on your phone/tablet). Constant internet connection must be provided throughout the use of payleven (WiFi, 3G or 4G) and under the Bluetooth settings the ” Visibility Timeout” should be set on “Never timeout”
2. Make sure your card reader is turned on and is displaying the payleven logo, the battery status, date and time. If the Chip & PIN card reader does not start automatically when connected to power, turn on your card reader by pressing the small On/Off button on the left side of the card reader (it takes about 2 minfor it to fully reboot itself).
3. Open the payleven app and log in with your e-mail and password you created when registering with us.
4. After signing in the “Payment” screen will appear.
To set up your card reader in the app, click in the left upper corner on “Payment > Account > Payment methods > Chip & PIN > Ok”. In the “Account” menu, click on “Manage Terminals”. A pop-up message will appear asking to press down the “0-buttom” of your card reader for 5 seconds.
5. On the card reader the note “Accept new device” or “You can connect” will be displayed. On both the card reader and your phone/tablet a code will appear. If these codes match, press OK on the phone/tablet. Then press the green Confirmation button on your card reader. After a few seconds, the following message will appear on your phone: “Success! You are ready to use the Chip & PIN device!” Press Continue.
Note: If you do not receive the code to pair the devices, press the red Cancel button on your card reader and repeat the previous steps until you have a successful connection.
6. To return to the “Payment” screen click on the menu in the upper lefthand corner choose “Account > Payment”. You are now ready to accept card payments.